In Hoofddorp we are looking for a Marine Engineer with relevant experience, also known as (Junior) Naval Architect for our Naval Architecture department. You are involved in weigth, stability, propulsion, etc.
About the job
As a Marine Engineer you’ll work under the relevant (Sr.) Naval Architect and be responsible for setting-up the theoretical naval architecture design of a yacht in various sub-areas. You will work with and support the (Sr.) Naval Architect leading the naval architecture aspect of the project. You’ll be part of a team of around ten Marine Engineers and report to the Principal Naval Architect and/or Manager Engineering of the department.
You have experience with setting-up, calculating and working out ship designs. You are able to work with relevant software and are able to quickly adept new software. Your main focus areas and responsibilities are:
Calculations and (2D/3D) drawings:
- Weight, stability (e.g., incline tests), resistance and propulsion;
- Hull lines plans including appendages, centre line and tank arrangements;
- Comfort, manoeuvring, sound and vibrations;
- Related regulations such as load line, fire plans and watertight integrity.
- Checking whether the information is adequate/accurate and performing a critical analysis of the manufacturability and feasibility of the design;
- Identifying (complex) issues and drawing up an analysis and recommendations;
- Supporting and advising Naval Architects regarding design integrity in accordance with Feadship requirements;
- Maintaining constant contact with Naval Architects to exchange information, ensure alignment and discuss the design progress;
- Keeping an eye on developments of norms, standards and procedures so that knowledge and skills are optimally deployed.
As a Marine Engineer you have strong communication skills and ask the right questions to obtain the required information. You can also communicate your message in a clear and correct way. You have strong analytical skills and are able to contribute innovative solutions and realise them based on your extensive knowledge.
You are used to organising and planning your activities well and provide extra effort when a project requires. You are also familiar with the complex relationships between yards, clients, designers and colleagues of internal engineering disciplines. You have a proactive attitude and seek out cooperation with your colleagues and managers.
Every Feadship is unique and De Voogt Naval Architects as an organisation is constantly evolving and developing. As a Marine Engineer you are fully able to handle change and have a flexible attitude. You anticipate when information, methods or procedures are unclear and ensure the main issues are brought to the table to achieve the desired result.
- A Bachelor degree (or higher) specialised in Naval Architecture;
- Over 4 years of experience in ship/yachtbuilding with aforementioned tasks and responsibilities;
- Good (technical) knowledge of Dutch and English;
- Good computer skills; knowledge of (3D) CAD/PLM systems is an advantage, (such as Siemens NX, Paramarine, etc.);
- Good communication and social skills to work with colleagues in and outside of your discipline;
- Eager to learn, flexible, accurate and good analytical skills;
- Proven proactive attitude and strong planner & organiser.
- An environment with lots of room for personal development in a challenging working environment;
- A gross annual salary between €52,000 and €69,000, including 13th month salary;
- 27 days off and 13 ADV days (based on 40-hour working week);
- A premium-free pension scheme;
- The opportunity for hybrid working (office-home);
- Informal and ambitious working environment.
Do you recognise yourself in the profile above? Then respond via the button below. For more information, please contact Stefan Wiewel (Resource Coordinator) on 023-524 70 00.
The application procedure consists of 2 rounds of interviews with an online personality assessment.
Are you interested in this job? Apply with your cv and motivational letter.